Photoshop to Maya
This tutorial describes how you can get (black and white) images from Photoshop into in Maya as curves. This can be great as a tracing option or as a base for your modeling.
- Get a black and white image. You could use the Image > Adjustments > Levels tools to make your grayscale image into black and white.
- Select the entire image and copy it.
- Go to the channels tab (found in the panel with your layers) and create a new (Alpha) Channel.
- Paste your image into the Alpha Channel
- Convert this to a selection, using Select > Load Selection
- Go to the Paths tab (in the same tab as your layers and channels). Klik the options fold-out button (round button with triangle) and choose Make Work Path
- Set the tolerance to 1 pixel
- You can export this Work Path to an Adobe illustrator File, using File > Export > Paths to Illustrator
- This Illustrator file can be imported into Maya (File > Import)